Medicines are designed to help us either improve or maintain our health. But there are instances when we either take our medicines incorrectly or have medications that do not seem to be working as they should. As a pharmacy in Orlando, Florida, we recommend that you follow the tips below in order to maximize the use of your medications:
Know as much as you can about your medicine
Before taking a medicine, you should know as much as you can about it. You should take note of the following:
- The name
- The purpose
- How much and how often you need to take it
- The potential side effects and what you should do if you experience them
- Special instructions (i.e., taking it with meals, under the tongue, or on an empty stomach)
Have a consultation with your pharmacist
A pharmacist does more than fill your prescriptions. You can also consult them regarding your medication concerns. At our pharmacy, for instance, we can provide you with sound health advice in order to help you improve your medication compliance.
Have your medications compounded
A pharmacy compounding service allows you to have medications that are made to fit your specific needs and preferences. This can help improve a medicine’s efficacy. Compounding is recommended in situations where:
- An ingredient needs to be removed from a drug because it causes allergies
- A drug is not commercially available or has been discontinued
- A drug needs to have a specific dosage or strength
Allow Palms Healthmart Pharmacy to help you make the most out of your medications. We offer pharmaceutical services and medical supplies in Orlando with your overall health and well-being in mind.